So we are clear about the terminology we are using, when we use the phrase “Personal Information”, we mean contact information (i.e., Your name, address, email address, and/or telephone number) and any other non-public information that is used or intended to be used to personally identify an individual, and information associated with the foregoing. When we use the phrase “Anonymous Information”, we mean information that is not associated with or linked to Your Personal Information. Anonymous Information does not enable identification of or contact with, individual persons.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
- Personal Information
- We receive and store information You voluntary provide to us (either through the Site or in some other way). When You register with us, regardless of whether You are a Applicant or Employer User, we require You to provide certain Personal Information, such as Your name and email address. You may choose as part of certain Services to provide additional Personal Information. For example, if You are an Applicant creating Your profile on the Site (“Profile”), we collect categories of information relevant to Your Profile, including Your contact information, information about Your experience, education, desired salary, and travel limitations. In addition, as described in more detail below You can import resume, demographic, educational and other information from LinkedIn and potentially other websites in the future, and we will collect this information and associate it with You and Your Profile. We also ask You a number of behavioral questions that allow us to create Your strength profile – our secret sauce, if You will. As we associate Your answers and our analysis thereof with You and Your Profile, we will consider it to be Your Personal Information. We do all of this to help us in our effort to help You find the right job. Please remember that You do not have to submit any of this additional information, but we may not be able to provide You certain Services without that information.If You are an Employer User, You may also submit information to us about Your Employer and its job openings (including desired strengths and weaknesses). Certain of this information will be made publicly available on the Site; other information will only be made available to other Employer Users. Please remember that You do not have to submit any of this additional information, but we may not be able to provide You certain Services without that information.If you are an Applicant, there will be Personal Information in the Services provided by Employers to whom You have applied and their Employer Users. We will collect this information about You, but this will NOT be considered Your Personal Information. Each respective Employer will control this information. As a result, we will not provide you access to this information or the ability to use or control this information.
- Anonymous Information
- Our Relationship with LinkedIn
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
- Personal Information
- As we mentioned above, we typically use Personal Information to connect Applicants and Employers. As a result, we use Your Personal Information to:
- Administer Your Account;
- Provide You with Services and customer support;
- Tailor the features of the Site or Services to You;
- Respond to Your requests, resolve disputes and/or troubleshoot problems;
- Communicate with You about the Site and the Services.
We also use Your Personal Information to contact You and provide You with information that may be useful or interesting to You, including newsletters regarding changes and upgrades to the Services as well as promotional e-mails. By using the Site, You agree to receive this information from us. If You do not want us to send You emails or otherwise contact You, You can always opt out of communications by following the instructions we provide to You when we contact You or by emailing us at email@example.com. We may, however, send certain administrative emails which pertain to the Site and Services on a regular basis that you may not opt-out of.
We may also use Your Personal Information to create Anonymous Information records by excluding information that makes the information personally identifiable to You, any other individual and any Employers.
- Anonymous Information
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
As an Applicant, we may (and You hereby authorize us to) disclose Your Personal Information to Employers designated by You. As an Employer User, we may (and You hereby authorize us to) disclose Your Personal Information to Your Employer and fellow Employer Users. We do not control how Employers use or disclose information they obtain from us, including Personal Information.
We may disclose certain Personal Information:
- To third parties to whom You ask us to send Personal Information (including Employers, other Employer Users and LinkedIn);
- Disclosure To Employers
- Giving You tools to help You protect Your Personal Information is a vital part of our mission. It is up to You to make sure You are comfortable with the information You provide. Please remember that we do provide Personal Information to Employers to whom you have authorized disclosure. Employ Insight does not have any obligation to modify: (1) potentially identifying information in Your Disclosed Profile, or (2) Your resume to remove or mask information that may identify You. Your “Disclosed Profile” means Your Personal Information that Employ Insight may disclose to an Employer (including Your resume) according to the settings You choose in Your Profile.IF YOU AUTHORIZE US TO SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH AN EMPLOYER, WE DO NOT HAVE ANY CONTROL OVER HOW ANY SUCH EMPLOYER USES AND DISCLOSES YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, INCLUDING INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE DIRECTLY TO THAT EMPLOYER. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT (1) EMPLOY INSIGHT DOES NOT EVALUATE ANY EMPLOYER’S PRIVACY PRACTICES, AND (2) EMPLOY INSIGHT WILL NOT HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY ACTIONS OF ANY EMPLOYER. YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT EMPLOYERS TO WHOM WE MAY DISCLOSE YOUR DISCLOSED PROFILE MAY SHARE YOUR DISCLOSED PROFILE WITH OTHERS.
ACCESSING AND CONTROLLING YOUR INFORMATION
You may correct and update information we collect from You by logging onto the Site and accessing Your Profile. If You change and/or request changes to Your information, subsequent uses or disclosures of that information by us will reflect those changes, however, we do not have the ability to update any information previously disclosed to any third party, including an Employer. We will correct any inaccuracies in any Personal Information that we have in our possession once notified of the requested change. We endeavor to process these requested changes as soon as is possible, but it may take up to thirty (30) days to make requested changes.
Certain information is necessary in order for us to provide the Site or Services; therefore, if You delete such necessary information You will not be able to use the Site or Services. If You wish to have Your Personal Information removed from our databases or to discontinue the Service You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Within a reasonable time period after we receive Your request, we will remove Your Personal Information provided, however, that we may continue to maintain and use Your Personal Information in a manner where the information is no longer personally identifiable.
Please note that even though You may request the deletion of Your Personal Information by us, we may be required (by law or otherwise, such as to prevent fraud, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, or enforce our Services Agreement) to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time) in which case we will comply with Your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete Personal Information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives.
THIRD PARTY SITES
We have put in place reasonable security measures to help protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of Your Personal Information. When our Site is accessed, Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology protects information using both server authentication and data encryption. We take security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These, and other safeguards have been implemented to help prevent unauthorized access, and help to maintain data accuracy and appropriate use of Personal Information. Despite such efforts, however, please note that no company, including Employ Insight, can fully eliminate risks or guarantee the security of Your Personal Information; unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of information about You at any time, and we bear no liability for uses or disclosures of personal data or non-personal data arising in connection with the theft thereof. Employ Insight conducts periodic self-assessments to verify that the attestations and assertions it makes about its privacy practices are true and that such privacy practices have been implemented as presented.
The Site is not directed to children and children are not eligible to use our Services. Protecting the privacy of children is very important to us. We do not collect or maintain Personal Information from people we actually know are under 13 years old, and no part of the Site or Services is designed to attract people under 13 years old. If we later obtain actual knowledge that a User is under 13 years old, we will take steps to remove that User’s Personal Information from our databases.
Employ Insight complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries. Employ Insight has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement.
Privacy Complaints by European Union Citizens:
Collin.Gutman@employinsight.com or +1-202-412-4940
Chief Privacy Officer
Employ Insight has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Safe Harbor Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU SAFE HARBOR, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed by Employ Insight, please visit the BBB EU SAFE HARBOR web site at www.bbb.org/us/safe-harbor-complaints for more information and to file a complaint.
We Self-Certify Compliance with: